How Much Does Exterior Painting Cost?
Get a Free Quote
Fill out the form below we'll be in touch shortly to review your property and scope of work.
How Much Does It Cost To Paint A House Exterior in Brisbane?
The cost for exterior house painting in Brisbane or exterior commercial painting in Brisbane area can vary. This is because it depends on several factors, such as the current condition of paint coating on your exterior surfaces. The condition can significantly increase or decrease the amount of work it can take to create a clean and smooth surface to get the best result for your property.
At Surepaint™, we believe that the priority for any external paint project is to protect the building from the elements. These elements can include sun, rain, heat, cold, and moisture. Therefore, we assess the state of the property and what steps we need to take to get the best results. Our expert team also recommends the best paints and sheen levels to help protect the life of your paint coating.
At Surepaint™, we offer an exclusive 10-year warranty on all our painting projects to provide peace of mind for our customers. In addition, we’re passionate about establishing the proper planning and preparation to get the best result for your home. This guide reviews the elements you need to consider for a professional paint project on an exterior house that will provide you with a return on investment over a five to seven-year period.
Process For Painting Exterior Surfaces
The process of painting an exterior of a house or building is relatively systematic regardless of the structure or surface and involves:
- Adequately cleaning surfaces – The first step involves pressure cleaning all exterior surfaces with an anti-mold and anti-fungus solution. A clean surface is essential for new paints or primers to stick well.
- Scraping and sanding – Before we can begin painting, it’s necessary to prepare the surfaces to get the best finish. When our painters are undertaking this part of the process, they use scrapers with special tungsten blades to remove previous paint coating, which has poor adhesion. We then use a mechanical sander to smooth out the area. Finally, sanding the surface is essential as it scuffs the surface to create adhesion for the following new coatings.
- Filling and caulking – Filling refers to fixing up any holes in the surface or gaps where the different building materials meet and can help inhibit any moisture from entering behind the new paint coating, protecting your surface.
- Priming the surface – We conduct priming to all previously painted enamel surfaces, and any area sanded back to bare as part of the preparation process. Priming exterior surfaces is vital to creating adhesion for the new coatings to stick. In addition, to extend the lifespan of the new paint job, priming all previously painted surfaces may be necessary if your paint coatings are heavily degraded.
- Applying premium topcoats – We always recommend applying two coatings of self-priming ultra-premium grade paint, such as Dulux Weathershield. It’s essential to understand how different sheen levels can protect and extend the life of the new paint.
The above process may deviate slightly. However, this is the general way a Brisbane painter will paint the exterior of a house or building.
When painting exterior surfaces, height access can either be easy to access or sometimes it can be highly challenging. For example, suppose your exterior painting job has easy access for painters trestles, and the building height is within their limits. In that case, you shouldn’t have too many issues. If, however, we need to hire mechanical height access equipment or purpose-built scaffolding to reach surfaces safely, this can escalate costs quickly.
What Are The Factors That Affect The Cost Of Your
Exterior Painting Project
Several factors can either increase or decrease the cost of painting the exterior of a house or building professionally.
Factors that can mean additional costs include:
How Much Does It Cost To Paint
A House Exterior?
Its important to note the above prices are an indication only and all projects should be inspected and quoted according to the specific requirements.
We Help You Choose The Perfect
By working with Surepaint, our team of skilled professionals can help you choose the perfect colour scheme for your property.
You can have total peace of mind with our unique colour selection process by taking advantage of our colour consultants and digital overlay process.
Take a look at the below digital overlay we did for a client. This is not a finished product but rather a digital rendering of her colour choices.
Thinking Of Just Getting Someone Else To Sort It All For You?
At Surepaint our team can not only take the stress out of painting but also help with design you the perfect colour schemes.
Have Your Home Painted By Brisbane's
Expert Painting Team
Why use Surepaint™?
Learn about how we accommodate all different types of projects and customers with our unique painting approach
10 Year Warranty
Our Quality Guarantee
Surepaint™ is committed to providing our customers with the finest attention to detail, our utmost professionalism, and a truly personalized experience ensuring we deliver on our promises no matter how big or how small your project.
Our Quality Guarantee
We adhere to the highest residential and commercial painting practices and standards in Australia. Our quality commitment reflects in the selection of our products, our unmatched skill, and our incredible expertise in addressing your project repair needs.
10 Year Warranty
Our exclusive 10-year warranty speaks volumes about the confidence we have in the quality of our paint and our workmanship. Our customers are provided peace of mind their paint job undertaken by us will be covered by our quality commitment. From the correct planning to preparation. Your newly applied paint will not peel, flake or blister for 10 years. This we guarantee.
Affordable paintwork that does not compromise on value is what we at Surepaint™. are about. Our competitive pricing has contributed to our reliability and exceptional paint service. We will provide an accurate and transparent quotation based on the best industry prices!
We value honesty. At Surepaint™, our customers can depend on our honest and authentic approach from the moment you contact us for an estimate to the completion of your paintwork. Our clear approach has allowed us to develop long-standing professional relationships with many of our customers
We have over 100 Google Reviews & Over 30 Facebook Reviews