How Much Does It Cost To Paint A Room In Brisbane? The cost or price to paint a bedroom in the Brisbane area may change on based on different variables which may increase or decrease the overall cost of painting a room.
It’s important to understand that not all rooms are the same due to the difference in building materials. Some homes have gyprock, some have VJ others may have pressed tin. It is in these variables which will help determine the price along with another set of variables, condition. Is the property old and needs a lot of prep work or is it clean and new?
When painting a room the process below generally stays the same however the amount of time needed for each task may fluctuate.
The Process To Paint A Room In Brisbane
- Protect floors, furniture and carpets
- Remove picture hooks and items no longer needed
- Clean mould and grease if applicable
- Lightly sand walls, trims and doors
- Prime bare areas or old enamel paints
- Repair holes, dents and cracks to walls, ceilings
- Apply two coats of premium interior acrylic to walls and ceilings
- Quality check work conducted
- Clean up
Factors that could increase or decrease cost of the painting a room:
Factors that could increase cost:
- Extremely dirty surfaces
- Deep imperfections, holes, scratches etc
- Items to be removed – Blinds, furniture etc
- Un-primed walls, trims and doors ( requires full primer coat )
- Colour ( dark colours and extremely bright colours require multiple coats )
- Use of oil paint instead of acrylic
- Caulking of VJ boards
- Vj Boards, block work, press tin
- Painting of just one room
Factors that could decrease cost:
- Multiple rooms, means our painters don’t have to wait on drying time which allows an efficient work flow
- Furniture and all small items removed from work area
- One coat application
Cost Estimates Of Painting A Room in Brisbane:
* The above all include premium paint such as Dulux paints.