How Much Does It Cost To Remove Lead Based Paint In Brisbane? The cost or price to removal lead based paint in the Brisbane area may change based on the different variables which may increase or decrease the overall cost of removing lead based paint.
When removing lead based paint the price includes full disposal of the lead based paint waste, all ground protection, chemical stripping product, technicians labour cost and clean up after paint removal. Its important to note that test patches must be conducted prior to large scale paint removal as prices may be subject to change in the event the exisiting coating may require 2 applications of chemical stripper.
The Process Of Removing Lead Based Paint In Brisbane:
- Mask off all ground area, window and applicable door openings
- Assemble height access equipment
- Apply lead based paint removal chemical
- Scrap off
- Apply second application to any stubborn areas
- Clean up and bag all lead paint waste
- Dispose of lead paint waste
- Remove height access equipment
- Finial clean up
Factors that add to costs:
- Inconsistent test patch readings
- Scaffolding required ( not planks and trestles but hard scaffold )
- Internal paint removal
- Detailed or delicate surfaces such as door frames or fire places
- Pressed tin ceilings or VJ Ceilings
- VJ Panel walls
- Small projects
Factors that lower costs:
- Large broad surface areas
- Travel costs.
- Removal of windows or doors prior to stripping
Things To Consider When Removing Lead Based Paint In Brisbane:
Lead based paint removal is a fairly intensive and costly exercise however, when done properly should be seen as restorative works to an older property which the return of investment will be had over 10+ years as when painted with modern paint coatings will last 10+ years without the need of repainting. This in turn increases the overall value of the properly.