How Much Does It Cost To Restain / Recoat A Timber Deck In Brisbane? The cost of restaining or recoating a timber deck in the Brisbane area may change based on your timber decks requirements. Timber deck restaining or recoating should be incorporated into your properties annual maintenance plans in order to lower the initial cost.
When determining a price to restain or recoat a timber deck its important to understand a few different variables which will impact on the finial price.
Number Of Coats?
– The number of coats your timber deck needs to stay protected until you plan to restain it. Will it need 1 coat or 3 coats?
Type Of Timber Decking Stain Used?
– What type of timber decking stain was used on your deck previously? Keep in mind that to change timber decking stains may lead to fully sanding the deck back. Decking oils don’t go over acrylic deck stains and vis versa.
What Condition Is The Current Deck Stain In?
– Some timber decking stains blister and peel others simply fade away. The current condition of the stain is an important factor when pricing any timber deck restaining project.
The process required when undertaking works on a timber deck.
The Process to restain or recoat a timber deck In Brisbane:
- Protect adjacent areas to timber deck
- Power Wash and scrub timber with cleaning solution
- Lightly sand decking boards
- Repunch nails which are popped or raised ( minimal )
- Apply two coats of premium exterior decking stain with UV protection
- Clean up
Factors that could increase or decrease cost of the staining or recoating a timber deck
Possible additional cost added to restain or recoat a timber deck In Brisbane:
- Extremely dirty and mouldy timber deck
- Timber decking boards need replacement
- Really small deck
- Heavy deck sanding required
- Punching of all decking nails
Possible decrease in cost to restain or recoat a timber deck In Brisbane:
- Deck is clean and free of mold
- Heavy deck sanding not required
- One coat application
- Client knows previous decking stain used