House painting is one of the best ways to improve the appearance, appeal and even the value of your property. For any project, budget is an important consideration. Setting the proper budget can influence your choice of a house painter and the project’s outcome. To aid your budgeting, you need to know how much house painters charge and what house painting costs in Australia. This article dives deep into the important costs you should know as you plan your home improvement project.
How Much Does It Cost To Paint A House Professionally?
Several factors influence the cost of house painting. For example, the average cost of house painting per hour in Australia is $40. This quoted cost excludes the cost of paint and other materials needed. Sometimes, painters may charge about $35 for simpler projects and $45 for complex projects.
The cost of your painting project will depend on what is included in the task. A quick breakdown of professional painting prices is as follows;
Average painting cost per room – $250 – $400
Cost per hour – $35 – $45
Cost per square foot – $10 – $60
Cost per day $280 – $360
Cost of exterior painting (Average) – $3,500
Cost of interior 3-bedroom house painting (Average) – $6,500
How Much Does It Cost To Paint A Room?
If you are interested in painting just one of the rooms in your interior space, knowing what to set aside for the project can save you a lot of stress and hassles. The cost of painting a room is dependent on several factors, including;
- The size of the paintable surface. Please note that this is not to be confused with the square footage of the room.
- The amount, price, and quality of paint to be used
- The desired gloss and gloss colour
- The condition of the wall surfaces
- Time and labour requirements for the project
- For a single room painting, you may need to budget between $250 and $400 to get the job done. The cost will also depend on who you’ve hired.
How Much Does It Cost To Paint Per Square Foot?
For your exterior house painting, you may need to budget between $1.2 and $6 per square foot, while interior house painting will cost between $1 and $3 for the same. The overall price charged for the exterior painting project will depend on factors like;
- How easily accessible your house is
- The height, i.e. whether your home is a storey building
- The surface to be painted on
- How much preparation is required before painting starts
- Whether you want decorative elements like fascias and window trims of different colours.
Your painter will consider these factors when preparing an interior painting quote.
- How high is the ceiling?
- Number of windows and doors in the room
- The size of the room
- Whether you want a single colour or multiple colours
- Whether you want decorative painting or features on the wall.
What Is The Cost Of Common Paint Jobs?
Common paint jobs like interior and exterior painting, wallpapering, roof painting, and others may have a benchmark price. Before speaking to your painting contractor, consider these numbers.
- Material cost – $14 per litre
- Stripping wallpaper – $12 per m2
- Interior flush doors – $144
- Interior sand, wash and seal varnished surfaces with adhesion primer – $8 per m2
- Preparation and repainting of cabinet shelving – $22
- Preparation, filing, and sanding of walls – $4.80 per m2House painting is a serious project that should be properly budgeted for. With a realistic budget, you can afford to hire the best painters to get the job done.
Other FAQs around painting costs
The cost of getting your house painted can vary. To help answer these questions we’ve prepared detailed guides for the most frequently asked questions about getting your Brisbane property repainted – check them out below.
- How Much Does It Cost To Paint A Room In Brisbane?
- How Much Does It Cost To Paint A Ceiling?
- How Much Does It Cost To Paint A 2 Bedroom Unit?
- Cost To Paint The Interior of Three Bedroom House
- How Much Does It Cost To Paint A Unit Or Townhouse?
- How Much Does it Cost To Paint a House Professionally?
- How Much Does It Cost To Paint A Rendered House?
- Cost To Paint A Weatherboard House in Brisbane
- How Much Does It Cost To Paint A Door In Brisbane?
Speak to the team at Surepaint by visiting our website at http://surepaint.com.au for all your interior and exterior painting needs.
Surepaint – Residential and Commercial Painters
Suite 22/47 Park Road, Milton, Brisbane Queensland 4064
Find us on Social Media