How Much Does It Cost To Paint A Rendered House
Get a Free Quote
Fill out the form below we'll be in touch shortly to review your property and scope of work.
How Much Does It Cost To Paint A
The cost or price to paint a rendered house in 2022 may vary based on a variety of different variables which may increase or decrease the overall cost of painting a rendered house.
The Issues Of Painting A Render Building
When painting the exterior of a rendered house there is a couple of things to take into consideration.
1. What type of condition is the existing coating in? Is it heavily oxidised which is basically a chalky residue?
2. Is the render beginning the crack? Are there issues with the control joints cracking?
3. Is there any white stuff ( efflorescence) coming out of the render?
4. Is there bubbling and peeling of the old paint coating?
5. Are there pre-existing moisture issues that are causing paint failure, mold etc.?
So if there were cracking issues identified, you’re living in a coastal area or you would just like the best long term result then you would be looking at using a membrane masonry coating.
However, if you’re not interested in using a membrane there’s no reason why you cannot use a normal premium exterior acrylic coating which will do the job just fine.
When painting the exterior of a rendered building it’s important to have these previous issues repaired prior to the painting begins. The general preparation when painting a render building consists of the following :
- A heavy pressure wash with an anti-mould solution to kill all mould and clean the porous surface to ensure the new coatings will stick without any issues, If there is efflorescence present it would be cleaned off and treated at this stage.
- Address any cracking to the control joints by grinding specialized control joints in the substrate and removing any loose or drummy render.
- Once the cracking and loose render is dealt with we can then patch repair the render and apply a polyurethane sealant to all the vertical and horizontal control joints which will flex to bridge any control cracking and help prevent moisture ingress in the future.
- Any loose or bubbling coatings will need to be addressed by completely scrapping the affected coatings off the surfaces and the bare render will receive a primer coat to promote adhesion.
- Dealing with water ingress issues can be tricky. This is something that would need to be addressed by either our team or potential other associated trades if the issue falls outside of a simple sealant fix.
Depending on the problems you may have above, this will ultimately increase the overall price, and this would need to be assessed by one of our team members through an onsite visit.
Now once the surface has been prepared effectively we can now look at the type of paint we would be using.
The Actual Painting
Once all the preparation is completed the painting of the building is generally pretty straightforward.
If the building has height access requirements that can be done without the need for alloy scaffold or elevated work platforms then costs can be kept to a minimum however if these items are required costs will increase greatly and depending on the height access you may require this would need to be assessed by one of our team members through an onsite visit.
When painting the exterior of a rendered house the price would generally include the painting of the following:
- Colourbond fascia & gutters,
- Exterior of timber doors & frame
- Soffits and patio ceilings
- Rendered walls to the house
Items that will not be included in the pricing examples will be :
- Timber windows and frames
- Balustrade and handrails
- Retaining walls
- Masonry or timber fences etc.
The Painting Process Recap:
- Pressure wash surfaces with an anti-mould solution
- Scrape and sand loose and flaking paint
- Address expansion joint issues and reinstall sealant
- Use render compound to patch repair larger dents and holes
- Caulk timber beading where required
- Apply two coats of premium exterior acrylic with UV Protection or Membrane
- Clean up
The Cost Of Painting A Rendered
House In Brisbane
Its important to note the above prices are an indication only and all projects should be inspected and quoted according to the specific requirements.
We Help You Choose The Perfect
By working with Surepaint, our team of skilled professionals can help you choose the perfect colour scheme for your property.
You can have total peace of mind with our unique colour selection process by taking advantage of our colour consultants and digital overlay process.
Take a look at the below digital overlay we did for a client. This is not a finished product but rather a digital rendering of her colour choices.
Thinking Of Just Getting Someone Else To Sort It All For You?
At Surepaint our team can not only take the stress out of painting but also help with design you the perfect colour schemes.
Have Your Home Painted By Brisbane's
Expert Painting Team
Why use Surepaint™?
Learn about how we accommodate all different types of projects and customers with our unique painting approach
10 Year Warranty
Our Quality Guarantee
Surepaint™ is committed to providing our customers with the finest attention to detail, our utmost professionalism, and a truly personalized experience ensuring we deliver on our promises no matter how big or how small your project.
Our Quality Guarantee
We adhere to the highest residential and commercial painting practices and standards in Australia. Our quality commitment reflects in the selection of our products, our unmatched skill, and our incredible expertise in addressing your project repair needs.
10 Year Warranty
Our exclusive 10-year warranty speaks volumes about the confidence we have in the quality of our paint and our workmanship. Our customers are provided peace of mind their paint job undertaken by us will be covered by our quality commitment. From the correct planning to preparation. Your newly applied paint will not peel, flake or blister for 10 years. This we guarantee.
Affordable paintwork that does not compromise on value is what we at Surepaint™. are about. Our competitive pricing has contributed to our reliability and exceptional paint service. We will provide an accurate and transparent quotation based on the best industry prices!
We value honesty. At Surepaint™, our customers can depend on our honest and authentic approach from the moment you contact us for an estimate to the completion of your paintwork. Our clear approach has allowed us to develop long-standing professional relationships with many of our customers
We have over 100 Google Reviews & Over 30 Facebook Reviews