How Much Does It Cost To Paint A Ceiling ?
The cost or price to paint a ceiling in the Brisbane area can vary, however the overall process is generally the same irrespective of the different types of surfaces and heights. For a standard plasterboard home, the repainting of a ceiling is fairly simple and quite inexpensive however as the complexity in height access and surface types change the price will increase accordingly.
The Process To Paint A Ceiling In Brisbane:
- Protect all floors, furniture and carpets within the area
- Clean mould and grease if applicable with cleaning agent
- Scrape and sand loose and flaking paint
- Prime bare areas and any stains such was water stains, smoke, mould etc with premium primer with stain blocking properties if required
- Repair holes, dents and cracks to the ceiling and cornice
- Apply two coats of premium interior acrylic to ceilings and cornice
- Quality check work conducted
- Clean up
Factors that could increase or decrease the cost of painting a ceiling:
Possible Additional Cost Added To Paint A Ceiling In Brisbane:
- Extremely dirty surfaces
- Asbestos ceilings
- Large holes to repair or large amounts of plastering required
- Removal of large amounts of loose peeling paint.
- Painting around large numbers of light fixtures
- Un-primed bare plasterboard ceilings ( requires full primer coat )
- Colour ( dark colours and extremely bright colours require multiple coats such as black to media room ceilings )
- Use of oil based paint instead of water based acrylic
- Caulking of VJ board joints
- Pressed tin ceilings or texture pattern ceilings
- Painting of just one room
- Moving of furniture and heavily cluttered work area
- Washable paint with anti mould and anti bacterial properties
Possible Decrease In Cost To Paint A Ceiling In Brisbane:
- Multiple rooms, means our painters don’t have to wait on drying time which allows an efficient work flow
- Furniture and all small items removed from work area
- Downlight and fixtures already dropped down out and replaced afterwards
- Painting of walls as well
- Ceilings in good condition that don’t require much preparation
- No carpet
- One coat refresh to ceilings
The Cost Of Painting A Ceiling In Brisbane:
The above prices are to paint just one ceiling and supply all materials and equipment to undertake the works.
* The above all include premium paint such as Dulux paints.